Enter the exciting world of sound for video games, film, television and animation. Learn to create soundscapes, foley, special effects and more!
Get ready to launch your career in post production while learning up-to-the-minute tools and techniques of the trade including visual scripting sound design, audio integration and more.
No previous technical skills are required. We will teach you everything you need to know!
Learn audio recording, foley, sound effects and interactive sound design for film, TV, video games, and animation. This is currently the only program in Canada to teach interactive audio-integration for video games and to work hand-in-hand with Vancouver’s best gaming companies. The Nimbus Post and Game Audio Production program is a mentorship based hands-on specialization program equipping you to work in entertainment post-production sound.
After giving you a solid foundation in audio engineering, music production, and recording techniques, our specialized post production and game audio concentration will get you ready to dive into the exciting world of sound design for post-production and video games. All students get 24/7 access to the studios so you will have plenty of time to practice what you are learning.
As a graduate of our PGAP program, you will be confident in designing and integrating sounds that react to user input, and will leave Nimbus with a valuable portfolio including live action and animation shorts, as well as a working video game demo. Learn how to use sound to create exciting dramatic moments for the screen.
Potential Careers: Music Editor for Film/TV, Sound Mixer for Film/TV, Dialogue Editor, Radio/Broadcast Engineer, Foley & FX Designer, Game Sound Designer, Post-Production Sound Designer.
- 12 Months*
- Utilize Avid Pro Tools, Autotune, Melodyne, Waves, Sound Miner, Unity and FMOD with proficiency and ease
- Learn to implement MIDI with Logic and Native Instruments Komplete 10
- Work with real artists/bands to create and engineer demos, cover songs + multiple EPs
- Record, edit, mix and master music using both analog and digital workflows to prepare songs for commercial release
- Effectively record and edit dialogue
- Manage a recording project efficiently
- Create believable sound FX and foley
- Implement music and musical elements into linear and interactive video content and games
- Work with talent
- Mix and record music for linear and interactive games
- Create and edit voice overs for games, animation, film and television
- Define and create the atmospheric audio elements involved in game audio and post production
- Record, edit and process dialogue for any application
- Create, maintain and augment a sound effect library
- Learn comping, editing and tuning techniques
- Learn visual scripting for sound design
- Produce audio for all game platforms from mobile to console devices
- Understand the processes to complete a surround sound mix through practical classroom exercises
- Create a professional demo reel
*This course is also available as an 8 Month Fast-Track certificate. Please contact Admissions for more information on this option.