Learn live sound mixing & recording. Learn to capture and enhance the live experience. Create great live sound mixes for performances and videos.
|Program||Live Sound Mixing & Recording|
|Included Courses||ENGR 100, PROD 100, LIVE 200|
|Domestic Tuition||$24,567.00* CAD|
|International Tuition||$27,447.00* CAD|
|Start Dates||August 28, 2017 / January 2, 2018|
*tuition cost exclusive of supplies, fees, and taxes
Develop your skills in live sound recording and mixing on site, with real artists and bands. From intimate singer/songwriter events at smaller venues to night club events and festival sound. Learn stage management, troubleshooting, networking and communications techniques. Develop the skills to record, mix and master live performances.
Nimbus LIVE students get mentored by current industry pros. Plus, learn live streaming as you work with our mobile recording truck!
Potential Careers: Front of House (FOH) or Monitor Tech, Live Recording Engineer, Live Sound Engineer, PA or Systems Tech
- 12 Months
- Utilize Avid Pro Tools, Autotune, Melodyne with proficiency and ease
- Learn to implement MIDI with Logic and Native Instruments Komplete 10
- Record, edit, mix and master music in the studio using both analog and digital workflows to prepare songs for commercial release
- Develop your skills on site at real venues, working with artists, venue managers, and promoters
- Manage a professional sound check with confidence and mix a live event to professional standards
- Build and maintain professional audio cables
- Record, enhance, edit and mix a live event for commercial purposes
- Consult on sound system acquisition projects
- Create and manage a portfolio and marketing plan
- Provide great live sound mixes for performances and videos
- Learn to use our mobile recording truck and record live sound on site at festivals and music events!
*This course is also available as an eight month Fast-Track Certificate (ENGR100 and LIVE 200). Please contact Admissions for more details about this option.