Gain a foundation in audio engineering, music production and the music business and be ready to work in a range of roles in the diverse music industry.
|Program||Intro to the Music Industry|
|Included Courses||ENGR 100, PROD 100, MIND 100|
|Domestic Tuition||$22,989.00* CAD|
|International Tuition||$25,363.00* CAD|
|Start Dates||August 28, 2017 / January 2, 2018|
*tuition cost exclusive of supplies, fees, and taxes
You will gain skills in audio engineering, recording session set up and best practices, technical skills such as signal flow and how to work with patch bays, producing and working with artists in the studio, editing and mastering music. You also gain practical skills in scouting talent, running and planning live events, and music marketing.
- Utilize Avid Pro Tools, Autotune, Melodyne with proficiency and ease
- Learn to implement MIDI with Logic and Native Instruments Komplete 10
- Work with real artists/bands to produce and engineer multiple EPs
- Record, edit, mix and master music using both analog and digital workflows to create radio-ready songs
- Assist on a professional studio recording session with confidence
- Evaluate, performances, songs, and artists with a keen ear
- Co-write and collaborate with other songwriters
- Plan and execute a project proficiently
- Learn to write press releases, bios, and more
- Produce a live showcase event
- Interact with artists and industry players
Potential Careers: Artist, Artist Manager, Promoter, Tour Manager, A&R, Music Marketer, Recording Engineer, Mixing Engineer, Pro Tools Operator, Advertising Audio Editor, Freelance Engineer, Music Producer, Studio Assistant Engineer, Audio Editor and more.