VPRO 100 – Intro to Video Production
Learn the fundamentals of writing, shooting, and editing video content for a variety of mediums
Prerequisites: High School Diploma, or 19 years of age or older
Length of study: 4 months
Start Dates: January, May, September
The Nimbus Intro to Video Production course introduces students to the logistical, technical and creative elements of successfully producing a professional industry quality video recording from: writing and pre-production to shooting, post-production and mastering. Learn to create single and multiple camera content, while gaining technical hands-on training in the latest equipment, gear and software required for a successful career in video and media production.
As part of the introduction to video production course (VPRO 100) you will learn to:
- Operate any video camera with confidence
- Skillfully write, light, edit, colour correct and master interviews, short stories, and multi camera studio productions
- Produce journalistic video segments from concept to completion
- Engineer live webcasts & multi camera workflows
- Master video content to industry standard formats
- Maintain and diagnose video equipment
- Operate and work on any set safely and professionally (WHMIS certification)
- Utilize Final Cut Pro, Adobe CS Premiere, and Davinci Resolve with speed and proficiency
- Engineer complex signal paths and signal processing
Upon completing the intro to video production course, you will be confident in writing and producing your own video content for a variety of genres and mediums and have a valuable portfolio including journalistic video segments, interviews and multi-camera studio content.
This course is normally taken as part of the Video Production Diploma.