Master the art and craft of studio-based music production. Develop your own creative style as a producer while working with real artists and bands.
|Program||Advanced Studio Production|
|Included Courses||ENGR 100, PROD 100, PROD 200|
|International Tuition||$27,447.00* CAD|
|Start Dates||August 28, 2017 / January 2, 2018|
*tuition cost exclusive of supplies, fees, and taxes
About The Advanced Studio Production diploma:
This is an intensive program designed to get you working in the vibrant music industry.
With 24/7 studio access and mentorship from industry leading studio producers and engineers, you will gain invaluable experience and develop a professional portfolio while networking within the music industry. Gain practical, real-world experience in:
- Working with artists
- Song structure
- Developing your creative point-of-view
- Recording and creating professional music recordings.
Develop the confidence and skills to work in any studio, with any musician, anywhere in the world.
Potential Careers: Music Producer, Recording Engineer, Studio Assistant Engineer, Audio Editor, Music Producer, Studio Engineer, Mastering Engineer, Arranger.
- Utilize Avid Pro Tools, Autotune, Melodyne with proficiency and ease
- Learn to implement MIDI with Logic and Native Instruments Komplete 10
- Develop your own creative style as a music producer
- Learn people skills and interpersonal communication techniques that allow you to inspire the best performances out of artists and bands
- Work with real artists/bands to create and engineer demos, cover songs, and multiple EPs
- Record, edit, mix and master music using both analog and digital workflows to prepare songs for commercial release
- Assist on a professional studio recording session with confidence
- Evaluate, performances, songs, and artists with a keen ear
- Plan and execute a project proficiently
- Learn to use a variety of analog, digital, and analog-digital hybrid consoles
- Create and manage a portfolio and marketing plan
Graduates from the Advanced Music Production program have gone on to work in studios across North America, and even started their own businesses.