Any genre. Any skill level. Any production style. This program combines both studio-based production with “in the box” production to help you be confident in any setting.
|Program||Advanced Studio & Electronic Music Production Diploma|
|Included Courses||ENGR 100, PROD 100, PROD 200, AEMP 200|
|Domestic Tuition||$32,756.00* CAD|
|International Tuition||$36,596.00* CAD|
|Start Dates||January 2, 2018 / April 30, 2018 / August 27, 2018|
*tuition cost exclusive of supplies, fees, and taxes
This 16-month program takes you through four stages of learning:
- Intro to Engineering – Learn signal flow, mic placement, using DAWs, consoles, MIDI and patch bays.
- Intro to Production – Learn song structure, music theory, critical listening and the people skills required to get the best out of your artist. You will also add more tools to your toolbelt understanding
- Advanced Studio Production – Learn studio-based production with analog consoles, tape machines and live instruments, as well as editing and mixing.
- Advanced Electronic Production – Learn “in the box” production with multiple DAWs (including Ableton, Logic and ProTools).
Knowing that genres are constantly changing, this combination ensures you have the skills and techniques to tackle any project.
With 24/7 studio access and mentorship from industry pros, you will have the opportunity to grow your technical and interpersonal skills through practical learning in real studios, working with real artists and bands.
This is our most comprehensive program in studio music production and engineering. On completion of the program you will be confident working in any studio, anywhere in the world – or even starting your own studio!
Potential Careers: Music Producer, Electronic Music Producer, DJ, Beat Maker or Composer.
- Utilize Avid Pro Tools, Autotune, Melodyne, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9, and Push Controller with proficiency and ease
- Utilize synths, plugins, DAW, samplers
- Learn to implement MIDI with Logic and Native Instruments Komplete 10
- Develop your own creative style as a music producer
- Learn communication and interpersonal techniques that allow you to inspire the best performances out of artists and bands
- Work with real artists/bands to create and engineer multiple EPs
- Record, edit, mix and master music using both analog and digital workflows to create radio-ready songs
- Evaluate performances, songs, and artists with a keen ear
- Co-write and collaborate with other songwriters
- Plan and execute a project proficiently
- Learn and practice live performance techniques
- Learn to use a variety of analog, digital, and analog-digital hybrid consoles
- Employ mastering techniques required to finalize recordings for commercial release
- Learn to produce professional work under tight deadlines
- EM Specific Production Techniques
- Create cover songs and demo tracks
The Nimbus Advanced Audio Studio and Electronic Music Production diploma program includes: Intro to Audio Engineering (ENGR 100), Intro to Music Production (PROD 100), Advanced Studio Production (PROD 200) and Advanced Electronic Music Production (AEMP 200).