Learn “in the box” electronic music production techniques for any genre. Become an Electronic Music Producer, Hip Hop Producer, DJ, Beat Maker or Composer.
|Program||Advanced Electronic Music Production|
|Included Courses||ENGR 100, PROD 100, AEMP 200|
|Domestic Tuition||$24,567.00* CAD|
|International Tuition||$27,447.00* CAD|
|Start Dates||August 27, 2018 / January 2, 2019 / April 29, 2019|
*tuition cost exclusive of supplies, fees, and taxes
Our Electronic Music Production program is now powered by STEP: Sleepy Tom, Tails, Ekali and Pomo.
After gaining a solid foundation in studio production and engineering–starting with the basics of cable wrapping and mic placement–you will delve into the art of electronic music production. The Advanced Electronic Music Production diploma will teach you: music theory, technical skills, composition, beat making, sampling, sequencing, synthesis, collaboration and live performance skills.
In 12 months, you will gain a foundation in studio-based audio engineering and music production, and master the tools and techniques specific to “in the box” multi-genre electronic music production techniques.
Learn the techniques you need to produce the highest quality electronic music. In this innovative course, we will give you a solid foundation in studio recording, interpersonal, and production techniques before diving into the world of electronic music production. The result? You will be a well-rounded producer capable of excelling in any genre or environment.
As with all Nimbus courses, this program is taught by current industry professionals and you will have 24/7 access to our studios to practice everything you are learning. Build your portfolio, and gain the skills you need to stand out and succeed in the exciting and competitive electronic music production industry.
- Utilize Ableton Live 9 and Push 2, Logic Pro X and Native Instruments Komplete with proficiency and ease
- Master Serum, Massive, Operator and other select soft synths
- Learn how to construct electronic songs from scratch in Ableton Live
- Get insider tips from industry pros on songwriting, engineering and promotion
- Learn Native Instruments’ Kontakt and Logic’s ESX24 Samplers
- Utilize Roland Aira: TR-8 Rhythm Performer, TB3 Touch Bassline and VT Voice Transformer
- Utilize Denon and Pioneer DJ equipment with Serato and Rekordbox
- Learn Modular synthesis and create original otherworldly sounds with the Nimbus Modular synth
- Learn to implement MIDI with Native Instruments Komplete 11 and Logic X Pro
- Create or enhance recordings using MIDI and virtual instruments
- Record, edit, mix and master music to create club ready songs
- Evaluate, performances, songs, and artists with a discerning ear
- Learn to make your own beats and create a beat demo
- Create and manage a portfolio and marketing plan
- Learn and practice live performance techniques for playing your tracks at a venue
- Learn Original Composition & Remixing
- Learn how to work with other producers and vocalists
- EDM Specific Production Techniques
- Mixing And Mastering For Commercial Releases