Any genre. Any skill level. Learn the techniques and skills necessary to create professional studio-based music.
Starting from the basics of wrapping cables and placing mics, this course will take you in depth into all aspects of audio engineering and studio-based music production.
With 24/7 studio access and mentorship from industry pros, you will have the opportunity to grow your technical and interpersonal skills through practical learning in real studios, working with real artists and bands.
This is our most comprehensive program in studio music production and engineering. On completion of the program you will be confident working in any studio, anywhere in the world – or even starting your own studio!
Potential Careers: Music Producer, Recording Engineer, Studio Assistant Engineer, Audio Editor, Studio Engineer, Mastering Engineer, Arranger.
- Utilize Avid’s Pro Tools, Autotune, Melodyne with proficiency and ease
- Learn to implement MIDI with Logic and Native Instruments Komplete 10
- Develop your own creative style as a music producer
- Learn communication and interpersonal techniques that allow you to inspire the best performances out of artists and bands
- Work with real artists/bands to create and engineer multiple EPs
- Record, edit, mix and master music using both analog and digital workflows to create radio-ready songs
- Assist on a professional studio recording session with confidence
- Evaluate performances, songs, and artists with a keen ear
- Co-write and collaborate with other songwriters
- Plan and execute a project proficiently
- Perform acoustic alterations to any space
- Maintain and repair audio equipment
- Learn to use a variety of analog, digital, and analog-digital hybrid consoles
- Employ mastering techniques required to finalize recordings for commercial release
- Learn to produce professional work under tight deadlines
- Create cover songs and demo tracks
The Nimbus Advanced Audio Engineering Music Production diploma program includes: Intro to Audio Engineering (ENGR 100), Intro to Music Production (PROD 100), Audio Engineering II (ENGR 200) and Advanced Music Production (PROD 200).