Electronic Music Production Fundamentals
Online Certificate Course
In this beginners music production course, you will learn Ableton Live, and record and edit audio to create your own sound style.
Learn How to Make Beats
Music production courses for beginners have never been more accessible. Thus, electronic music is now truly in the hands of the creator. For instance, what once took large pieces of equipment and studio space to create, we now produce on our laptops and phones. From EDM to D&B, you will learn how to make beats using Ableton Live and explore your own style. Mastering these digital tools will help you create that addictive hook or distinct sound. Above all, this Nimbus online certificate course will channel your music obsession and launch you onto a new level.
In essence, this beginner’s level online certificate course will teach the basic concepts of synthesis, vocal processing, mix down and mastering, all from the comfort of your home.
As a result, you will develop the electronic music production skills necessary to to polish your own sound style. Through learning industry standard software such as Ableton Live, you will hone your production know-how. You will also learn about and how to use different musical effects like ARP’s and MIDI.
Take Electronic Music Production to the next Level
Want more from your online certificate course? Once you’ve learned to make your beats, and style your sound, showcase what you’ve learned! Students will be able to create a portfolio, which can be used to apply for further study at Nimbus. Graduates of this program who apply for the Music Production Recording & Business program will receive a tuition credit of $850.
taken upon registration
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic components of electronic music production in Ableton Live music software.
- Explain key concepts of electronic music production.
- Demonstrate the ability to record and edit audio & MIDI.
- Create original tracks and make your beats with custom sound design.
Required Course Materials
- Hardware: MacBook Pro (as a minimum) 13” with 8GB Ram and 512 GB HD, recommended to run MacOS 10.12 or later.
- Software: (recommended) Ableton Live 11 or Ableton Live 11 trial version.