Timed Beat-Making Competition & Producer Showcase
SHOWTIME is a two-part charity event hosted by the Music Industry Students at Nimbus School of Recording Arts and Media on October 13, 2018, 11:00 to 4:00pm at LMA, Nimbus' satellite campus (201 W 7th Ave. Vancouver).
- In the 1st part of the event, producers and beat-makers alike, will come together to network and show what they are made of in a timed beat-making competition. All contestants will receive a link to a sample pack, they will be required to create a song from within a timeframe. Winners will be chosen based on creativity, musicality and mix quality by a panel of professionals.
- The 2nd part of the event will offer ALL contestants the opportunity to play one of their own original songs, and receive feedback from the jury and the other producers in the room.
Great music to be heard! Networking to be had! Prizes to be won!
Don't Miss Out On The Exciting Experience. Register Below.
Schedule for SHOWTIME: October 13, 2018
- 11:00am - Doors open
- 12:00pm - Introduction
- 12:15pm - Contestants given link to sample pack, 10 mins to review samples
- 12:25pm - Timer begins, contestants have 35 minutes to produce their beat
- 1:00pm - Contestants play beats for judges, judges give feedback
- 2:00pm - Judges address crowd and submit scores
- 2:15pm - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awarded, inaugural Showtime Champion is crowned
- 2:20pm - Break
- 2:30pm - Producer feedback session begins, attendees get to play their songs for judges to give feedback
- 4:00pm - Event concludes, closing word from sponsors.