Apply to Nimbus
Embark on an exciting journey to a rewarding career in the Music Industry.
Distinguish yourself with an education in the recording arts from the Western Canada’s most unique school.
You’ve decided to apply to Nimbus! The application period is an exciting time. However, it can sometimes feel overwhelming. Not to worry, as our admissions process is simple. What’s more, our team is here to answer any questions and help guide you through the process.
here’s a few tips on putting your application together:
- Review the Website. Make note of any questions, visit our FAQ, and complete the Request Info form.
- Chat with an Advisor. We’ll give you a call to discuss your thoughts, expectations, and goals. Our team is looking forward to getting to know you!
- Gather Your Application Requirements. We’ll help guide you through what you need.
- Complete the Application Form. It’s simple and only takes 15-20 minutes.
- Application Review. We will review your application in just a few days.
- The Results. We’ll set a time to call you with the results of your application.
- Getting to Nimbus. It’s our pleasure to support you as you begin your journey. From finding housing to obtaining financial aid, no question is too small.
The moment you apply to Nimbus, you’re in good hands. We have years of experience in assisting students through the application and admissions process. Our team will answer any questions you, your family, or friends may have. Whether you’re wondering about classes, our alumni, the music industry, or what it’s like living in Vancouver – we are here for you!
program admissions requirements
- You must have graduated from high school (or equivalent), or be at least 19 years of age.
- Provide a valid piece of government photo identification.
- Attend an interview (in person or virtual) with an Admissions Advisor.
- Provide the names and contact details of 2 references.
There is a non-refundable fee for applications to the Music, Production Recording & Business or Artist Development Programs.
program application required documents
- A Copy of government-issued photo id (driver’s license, provincial ID, or passport photo page.
- If under 19, a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) from any secondary or post-secondary institution you have attended.
- Contact information for two character references who are not part of your family.
- OPTIONAL: students are encouraged to submit an essay and/or portfolio of their work that displays their commitment to the program.
- ARTIST DEVELOPMENT applicants are required to attend an interview and a vocal and/or instrumental audition in order to assess their general musicality and performance background.
online course required documents
If you are applying for an online course. Please submit:
- A copy of government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, provincial ID or passport photo page)